- You must refer to the Record Deletion Application Form Guide in order to complete this form and you must complete all mandatory fields marked with an asterisk * as these fields will enable us to confirm your identity. Failure to do so may result in your application being returned to you.
- NB: The information supplied in connection with this application will be used for the purpose of processing this request and may be used to update the PNC, where applicable. By submitting this form to ACRO, you consent to ACRO and other relevant police forces contacting you in relation to this application, using the details you have provided.
Making an application
- Read the application guidance
- Select required ground(s) for deletion
- Complete an application, providing sufficient evidence
- Enclose copies of current proof of identity and address if required
- Pop an application in the post* or via email **
* Post application to ACRO Information Management Unit, PO Box 481, Fareham, Hampshire, PO14 9FS
** Email application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Provide as much information as possible on the event you are seeking to have deleted
- For example, type of offence, date and time of arrest, where arrest took place etc.
- Give background and circumstances around your arrest
- Provide reasons why you are seeking to have your record(s) deleted
Follow the links below for examples of applications for a range of different scenarios:
Process once application reaches ACRO
* Forces are not always able to respond within 28 days. However, the Information Management Unit at ACRO monitor all outstanding applications, requesting updates from forces outside of this timeframe. In addition, applicants are able to request an update on their application outside of the 28 day period via email email@example.com
Got any further questions? See our further guidance around the record deletion process.