ICPC Online Application - Before You Start
Please read the following guidance before starting your application.
What you will need:
1. Proof of your current address - You must provide ONE proof of your current address from the ‘Proof of current address’ list at the end of the application form. Your current address is where you live now and can be outside of the UK. Any proof of address that is not in English must be translated into English. The UK driving licence paper counterpart is not an acceptable proof of address, even if it shows your current address.
2. Offer of employment, registration or contract from the requesting organisation - You must provide a copy of the document from the organisation asking you to obtain an ICPC. This document must be personal to you. This can be email correspondence in terms of registration, or a copy of your current contract / offer of employment.
3. A recent passport style colour photograph - You must upload one high quality, recent passport style colour photograph that clearly identifies you (the applicant). This photograph will be included on your ICPC. Your photograph should meet the same standards required for a UK passport (approximately 45mm x 35mm). To view guidance on acceptable photographs, please click here.
4. Colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document / official photographic identity document - You must upload colour copies of your passport(s) / travel document which clearly show your photograph, personal information, expiry date, nationality, machine readable zone, extension pages and signature (if applicable). Copies of other official photographic identity documents should show as many of these features as possible. We will not accept black and white copies.
5. Any additional documents relevant to your application. Examples include: Power of Attorney, authorisation documents, signed letter of authority, etc.
6. A valid email address.
7. Your address history - You must provide your address history for the last 10 years, including the dates you lived at the addresses. If you have lived outside of the UK for more than 10 years you will also be asked to provide your last UK address.
8. Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation and relationship to you. For example, an endorser could be a friend or an employer. However, an endorser cannot be a relative or member of your family. We also require a contact telephone number and email address for your endorser because we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.
9. UK National Insurance and Driving Licence numbers (if applicable).
PLEASE NOTE: Each file you upload must be no more than 2MB in size and must be in JPG, GIF, TIF or PDF format. Passport style colour photographs must be in JPG, GIF or TIF only. Please note that if we cannot read your documents due to low image quality then your application may be delayed.
Completing the form
Once you start the application you will not be able to save it and return to it later on. If you exit or you don’t move forwards or backwards for 60 minutes your data will be deleted.
If you cannot upload your documents or pay by debit or credit card you can apply by post.
Third party applications
We can only supply personal data to the individual to whom it relates. If you are making an application on behalf of someone else (known as a 'third party application'), you will need to provide a signed letter of authorisation from the person whose data is being requested, plus proofs of identity that show the true applicant's signature. Valid proofs include a passport, driving licence or identity card. You must have scanned copies of these documents saved to your computer or device.
Standard service - £75.00 - we aim to process your application within 12 working days (Saturday, Sunday and UK bank holidays are not working days)
There might be a slight delay in processing your request during peak periods throughout the year (March/April and May/June). Therefore, please bear this in mind when making your application, or booking your flights.
Please also allow for reasonable time for delivery of the certificate.
We accept the following card types only:
Please note: IP addresses in the countries listed below are not supported by Worldpay.
Algeria, Argentina, Belarus, Bulgaria, Indonesia, Lithuania, North Macedonia, Nigeria, The Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation and Ukraine.
If applying from these countries you must use the postal application service and make all payments by bank transfer.
What happens once you submit your application?
We will notify you by email when we receive your application. We will process your request and send your ICPC to the postal address shown on your application form and confirmed by your proofs of address, or to the alternative delivery address specified on your application. The service fee includes 1st class postage to a UK address or standard airmail to an overseas address. We cannot send certificates by email.
If there is an issue with your application and we have to contact you for further information, your application may be delayed.
WARNING: Any person who impersonates or attempts to impersonate another may be guilty of an offence. The information supplied in connection with this application will be used for the purpose of processing this request and to ensure the accuracy of police systems.